The Caversham Compass – the quarterly community newspaper of Amersham Road Estate – is looking for a Project Coordinator to perform the following tasks from Spring 2016 through to December 2017:
- Coordinate the community newspaper – including but not limited to gathering articles, editing articles and layout of articles for quarterly community newspaper publication
- Recruit and work with volunteers on writing, layout and publication, as well as distribution to 900 households on the estate
- Collect feedback from volunteers via self-assessment questionnaires, verbal and written feedback, observation, etc.
- Manage web content and social media presence, as it relates to community newspaper
- When appropriate, attend neighbourhood association meetings and collect suggestions for articles based on local activities.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the challenges facing the Amersham Road area, have experience with resident-led groups, and have skills in writing, editing and managing deadlines. Knowledge and the ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Office Suite, WordPress, social media and email is essential.